Doctors and medical practitioners
Our healthcare specialists have over 10 years’ experience as acting accountants for GP Practices, consultants, locum GP’s, dental practices and care homes. As members of the Charter Group Healthcare Group acting for over 149 GP Practices, we meet regularly to discuss the ever changing NHS contract and how we can best advise our clients. In addition, we are members of the ICAEW Healthcare Group keeping us up to date with the latest developments in the NHS and National benchmarking information.
We understand the ever increasing demand on GP’s and believe that a proactive service from the practice accountant is vital to aiding GP’s in dealing with the ever challenging financial landscape. We believe that you should not only hear from the practice accountant when the practice accounts and tax returns are due, but develop an ongoing relationship such as supporting the Practice Manager in providing management information and drawings projections. At a time when changes to the NHS contract and NHS Pensions Scheme are putting ever increasing pressures on Practice finances, it is important that these are addressed throughout the year.
If you feel that your practice accountant has not provided you with the level of service and support that the Practice requires, please contact us today to arrange a consultation and meeting free of charge.
We offer a comprehensive range of expert services to GP Practices from our Director led medical services team. Our services include:
- The preparation of specialist GP annual accounts providing detailed analysis of NHS and non-NHS contract income and expenditure
- Preparation of a detailed statistical commentary highlighting the main issues that have arisen in the year and preparing the practice for the forthcoming year
- Meeting with you to discuss the annual accounts and commentary and any other issues that arise
- Preparation of partners drawings projections based on the annual accounts and changes to the Practice and NHS contracts
- Preparation of the partnership tax return and partners' personal tax returns
- Preparation of partners' personal expense claims
- Providing long term estimates of tax payments
- Providing long term estimates of superannuation payments
- Advice relating to practice capital allowances and other tax issues that arise
- Proactive planning to minimise partners' exposure to income tax
- Advice on minimising or maximising superannuable profit
- VAT advice and assisting with the annual partial exemption calculation
- Preparation of the NHS Pension Scheme annual certificate of pensionable profit
- Advice on the NHS Pension Scheme and other pension opportunities through Aquila Financial Management Limited
In addition to the above we have previously advised on many other aspects that can affect GP Practices from time to time such as:
- Advising on retirement succession planning
- We are experts on specialist GP accounting software and can provide training where required
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries
- Providing payroll services
- Advising on the tax and financial impact on the Practice of surgery developments
- Reviewing partnership agreements
Contact us to find out how we can help you.