Who are Beardsley Theobalds?
We are a long established UK business transfer agency specialising in the industrial, commercial and service sectors.
• We have considerable experience in helping people buy and sell companies, partnerships and sole trader businesses.
• Although we specialise in selling businesses such as automotive, building & construction, distribution, engineering, equipment hire, horticulture, manufacturing, marine & leisure, professional services, transport & haulage, wholesaling, etc. as well as agencies of various types and a very wide range of services and specialist businesses, we are also well known for handling the more unusual business types which most agents do not handle.
• We offer a personal, professional and confidential service to vendors and buyers.
• Our reputation is for professionalism – particularly in valuation, the marketing of businesses and in negotiations.
Why do people choose us?
• Our valuation and advice is entirely without obligation.
• We undertake a wide range of marketing activities to promote the sales of our vendor clients’ businesses.
• We do not ask for a marketing budget whether up-front or in any other way. We operate only on a no sale no fee basis.
• We guarantee to continuously promote the sale of a business without budget or restriction (via regional and national advertising as well as on the internet) until it is sold – we believe this may be unique.
• We give regular feedback on what is happening while we are trying to sell a business.
• We offer a high level of personal service to both sellers and buyers – and the degree of confidentiality required.
• Our knowledge, experience and expertise is available to all our clients - from people who enjoy the personal approach to business.
• We understand the needs and concerns of both buyers and sellers, so we are ready to help at every step along the way.
• We are always prepared to go the extra mile to help clients achieve their objectives - perhaps not such a common trait among companies in today's market! We care.
Is your business fit for sale?
• Advice to business owners is always – plan your exit from the business well in advance. Groom the business to maximise its saleability and value. Choose the timing with care.
• Beardsley Theobalds has established a joint initiative – Beardsley Confidential Portfolio - in order to deal specifically with the issue of enhancing a business’s saleability and value.
• Of course, where it is appropriate, Beardsley Theobalds will later be pleased to handle the sale of the business, but this is not a requirement. If it is deemed more appropriate to use another agent, for example if the business is not one of the types of business we normally handle, that is not a problem. The development work and the subsequent selling of the business are separate activities – though, of course, they would be co-ordinated if Beardsley Theobalds may eventually be instructed to sell the business.
Want to discuss this idea? Call Roger Mundy on 01392 253071
Found a business and want independent valuation advice?
• Wonder whether it’s sensibly priced?
• Not sure what offer to make?
• Need some hard-nosed, street-wise advice?
• If it is not a business where we are acting for the vendor, we are happy to place our experience at your disposal. Our advice will be entirely neutral and exclusively based on 25 years of valuing and selling businesses – a formulaic approach it is not! You may find this service helpful in other circumstances. Perhaps you have a possible private buyer for your business but are unsure what sort of deal you should be satisfied with. Maybe there are changes in shareholdings by members of your family or staff to be determined. If you are undertaking a financial planning exercise, you will need a realistic opinion of the value of your business.